Music has always played (excuse the pun) a massive part in my life. I love how it makes me feel, what it means to me, its magic and its power. I listen to all genres, everything from the soaring rock anthems of Queen to Lorde’s 2013 hit Royals and Flumes haunting trance-like ballad Insane. Every once in while along comes a song that I need to hear. Timing has a lot to do with it. The song might have been around for years, centuries in some cases, but I stumbled upon it when I needed to hear it most. Here’s a list of ten such songs. I would love to know what songs have been there for you.
1) Moonlight Sonata: Beethoven 1801
2) Time: Pink Floyd 1973.
3) Life on Mars: David Bowie 1976
4) Back in Black: ACDC 1980
5) Romeo and Juliet: Dire Straits 1980
6) Street Spirit (Fade Out): Radiohead 1995
7) Better off Alone: Alice Deejay 1998
8) Lose Yourself: Eminem 2002
9) Resistance: Muse 2009
10) Insane feat. Moon Holiday: Flume 2013
Feel free to contact me if you want to know how these songs helped me to move on: pick a song and I will tell you what was going on in my life at this time.
Jonathan K Benton